1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Voice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Apr 26, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I liked it a lot more than I thought. Christina, however, is the anti-J.Lo. Wherein the first few episodes of Idol I liked Lopez a lot more than I had before and thought she came off as very human, Christina just grated my every nerve last night.

Also, I might heart Adam Levine.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Christina once walked past me in the Virgin Records store in Times Square, circa 1999 or 2000. I was standing there thumbing through some CDs and I hear, "Step aside, watch out!" as her security guard came barreling past me and gave me a little forearm shiver.

She came walking past with a bit of a snotty smirk on her face. After the moment passed, all I could think of was that I had every right to be standing where I was and she could have walked her ass around me, but I was a little too stunned to even react when it happened. Had the security guard not said anything, I wouldn't even have noticed her walk behind me.

Long story short, I don't have fond memories of Ms. Aguilera. Mostly, I just remember that she was quite tiny (from the commercials for the show, she doesn't appear as tiny these days).

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Are you sure it wasn't Billy Packer?

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I normally don't have two seconds for this sort of thing ... but then a very dear musician friend of mine ended up being on the show, and now I'm a convert. She's the one who sang Come As You Are, and having managed to find the clip on YouTube, I've spent most of the day feeling like some kind of proud parent. And hey, she's on Adam's team, which seems to count for something here. :)

5. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

It's a hit, The Voice beat Glee in the 18-49 Demos. Lets see now if people will stick with it past the audition phase (which were a brilliant idea from Mark Burnett) http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/nbc-draws-a-crowd-with-the-voice/?partner=rss&emc=rss

6. imjustagirl

I loved her. Sad to find out she's from around here. I hope she succeeds since she's your friend. Otherwise, I wanted her to fail so she'd come back and play at bars. :D

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yes, your friend was great! Also loved the kid who sang Rascall Flats and the hot guy who sang "Time After Time."

8. imjustagirl

The kid who sang Rascal Flatts...I liked it, but it just felt so forced. Something about his voice bugged me. Hopefully Adam can help.

And yes, Javier Colon or whatever was smokin'.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Wow, I butchered Rascal Flatts - way too lazy to actually look it up. Because I'm white and shiftless. :D

10. imjustagirl

I blame the hormones. :D

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Just watched it on DVR, and it was better than I expected. Some really good performances, especially the Javier Colon, who I thought was the best of the night. I also loved the duo couple from Tennessee.

This could draw me back in, at least for the next few weeks.

12. imjustagirl

I hope Frenchie falls on Christina.

Draft saved Draft deleted