1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Very Model Of A Modern Democracy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 13, 2006.

1. No, I want to know where the 18K votes are, and the only conclusion I can draw is that the Diebold machines pretty much suck and should be abandoned.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

It matters not which party is winning this race. I doubt most on this board have the slightly clue about the candidates. But that doesn't mean that it's okay for 18,000 votes to disappear into the mist. This is a serious matter, and I think both parties would agree on that point.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

For what it's worth, I think the district also voted to go back to paper ballots next time round.....

4. pallister

pallister Guest

There's no proof those 18,000 votes existed in the first place.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

From what I know of it, the 18,000 votes were thought of as missing when that number of people voted on other elections on the ballot, but not the race between Buchanan and Jennings.

I find it plausible that some people decided to abstain from making a selection, but 18,000? That pushes it a little too far for me.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

What sort of backward logic is that? If they already had proof of what happened, I doubt they'd be looking into it. Maybe this sort of thinking should reign supreme in our court system. I can see it now. "Your honor, Mr. Manson seems awfully guilty, but we have no proof that he did anything, so we decided not to investigate."

Draft saved Draft deleted