1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The USADA vs. Armstrong Thread (report now released)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The USADA has filed formal doping charges against Lance Armstrong; could strip 7 Tour de France titles.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lance-armstrong-faces-fresh-doping-charges-from-usada/2012/06/13/gJQAefnPaV_story.html

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Re: USADA files charges against Armstrong

Get the fuck over it already. Jesus Christ. How much more time, money and attention is this going to take?

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Good.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

It's going to take however long it takes. Let the fraud be exposed.

5. Inky_Wretch

I wonder if the USADA would be going after him if he wasn't crushing triathlons and qualifying for the Ironman?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What impartial court hears these charges? I honestly don't know. But this agency better make it stick, or their credibility and power will be destroyed.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yeah!

Who cares whether he broke the rules?!?!?

Finding out might cost MONEY!!! And TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Inky_Wretch

I believe it's heard in front of a USADA court, not a court of law.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It didn't have to be a law court, but for the agency to act as judge and prosecution is such an obvious travesty that only Americans' hysteria about drugs could possibly allow this to take place. It's clearly an act of vindictive frustration, supported by many vindictive and self-righteous sports followers.

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

LET. IT. FUCKING. GO.

Yeah, I'm a Lance honk. Yeah, I've got a picture of us together in my house. Yeah, I think he "rode on a level playing field with his contemporaries" and he still beat them. He was tested and tested and tested and been through a dozen legal proceedings and they couldn't hang anything on him. He last won the Tour seven years ago. If you didn't catch him (or anyone) in competition, unlucky. Try better next time. Quite wasting everyone's time and money.

11. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

While I'm about 99.9 percent sure Armstrong was a drug cheat, here's the thing I've never understood about the long-running quest to "catch" him: Everybody else in the sport cheats, too.

The overwhelming indignation about his titles makes it seem as if he was racing against a field of clean riders when everyone who knows anything about cycling knows that is the furthest thing from the truth.

Waste of time, IMHO.

12. Inky_Wretch

According to the USADA Website, the appeals process involves outside personnel ...

Draft saved Draft deleted