1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The U-bomb

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This is performance art, right?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I do think it's kind of funny that we prompted 31 backwoods Southerners (and one smart grandpa) to get all worked up about race relations at Thanksgiving dinner. Again, all this racial hypersensitivity hurts the white people, who have been the true victims over the last 20 years. As ever.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's not funny either. Don Imus may be the least humorous person in the entertainment business

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Thirty-one hayseeds ... and a grandpa, too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Oh, I see...you can attack my heritage and family, and that's OK. But if I call a black woman uppity, then I'm full of hate for her race.

Got it.

You all are disgusting, double standard, hate filled, hypersensitive jackasses.

I'm done with this thread.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I was kind of surprised to find out my nephews are still learning about the pilgrims and "Indians" on Thanksgiving in school.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No. Nobody said that. What everyone is trying to get you to understand and admit is that there are racial connotations for some of these terms. It is understandable that you are not aware of some of them. I remember being told to take "shine" out of a headline a few years ago. Had never even heard of it.

You are not full of hate if you have used it. However, once you have been told that a lot of people do use it in that manner, you should probably understand that many people might take it that way, and it would be best to avoid it in the future. Not as a martyr of "political correctness." But as a means of being sympathetic to other human beings who have an understandably negative connotation about the term(s).

This is not the hill you should choose to die on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.