1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The two teams playing in the BCS National Championship will be …

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Matt1735, Nov 18, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If this is BCS chaos, wait until they go to the four-team system, with eight or 10 teams having a legitimate claim and the likes of Oregon and Florida benefiting from NOT playing in their conference championship game.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I do think it's really funny that Ohio State went 11-0 and gets nothing for it.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And if they beat Michigan, it's 12-0.

4. Songbird

Oh, yeah, *that* game.

5. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

One year ago today, tOSU was 6-5 (on the road to 6-7), with no realistic hope of beating Michigan. Fickell was the coach (completely over his head), Urban Meyer a faint dream. The entire offensive line was about to graduate (along with most of the 2 deep linebacker core), Braxton Miller was an unguided missile without a real position coach.

Today they're 11-0, with an offense that's still figuring out the system. Ten offensive starters return nest season. Miller (and Hyde) have blossomed. They have the best top to bottom coaching staff they've had since '02. Meyer already pulled in a top 5 class, with another one (or close to it) on the way.

Yep, I'm an avowed fanboi.....but no one is particularly sad in Buckeye land. They've gotten a future "for it."

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Thamel had a good point in SI this week, though - they need the rest of the Big Ten to get better. Although I guess it won't matter as much if you just have to be in the top four.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why? They broke the rules, they're ineligible. Tough shit.

8. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

No question about that, DW. IMO, though, what they REALLY need is for Michigan to continue to rise. Which, by the way, I believe they will.

In a lot of ways, Denard was a bit of an albatross for Hoke. He doesn't fit what Hoke wants to do offensively. Watching them with Gardner at the helm....amazing difference. They're also recruiting at an extremely high level.

Get the two cornerstone programs back where they belong and the rest of the league fills out in a better fashion. Nebraska, Wisconsin & Sparty are better as your "next tier" (I've written Penn State off, the spiral is just beginning), than they are as your top of the heap squads.

9. Songbird

Funny that 11-0 (and good chance for 12-0) happened in a year they're ineligible.

If they go 8-4 or 7-5 or 5-7 people go "Oh, well, they were on probation anyway."

Draft saved Draft deleted