1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Because good writers know how to get you invested and then manipulate your emotions. That's solid craft.

JimmyHoward33 and OscarMadison like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched every episode of every season of Survivor since it started - didn't watch a second of it this year. The "super-sized" episodes in the fall scared me off, the repetitive challenges and "hidden" idol stuff just became tiring.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

What did Ben ever do?

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Nothing.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Just finished The English on Amazon Prime, with Emily Blunt. I just have to say Ho Lee Phuq. The story takes place in the latter half of the 19th century on the Great Plains. A good watch.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"General Hospital" actor Johnny Wactor was shot and killed in Los Angeles. He came up on three people stealing the catalytic converter off his car at 3:25 a.m. and confronted them, and they shot him.
    Besides General Hospital, he'd had some other one-off TV roles here and there.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

A&E has a show "Secrets of the Hell's Angels." The one about Altamont is crazy.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

"I need an example that perfectly captures why almost all pop culture writing is borderline unreadable these days."

Okay.

https://www.vulture.com/article/rea..._medium=s1&utm_campaign=vulture&utm_source=tw

justgladtobehere and gingerbread like this.
  10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

My guilty pleasure is Bravo -- not all the shows, but enough to not share my TV choices in polite company. So I'll do it here!

Anyone watch Summer House? This past season has been the strongest of the series, mostly because of the addition of West Wilson, A SPORTS JOURNALIST. He's from Missouri, played football for Montana State, got his start working for Bleacher Reporter and was living in NYC when BR laid him off. Now he's a sports video producer at Complex. He's funny and charming and is dating the hottest woman in the house but they aren't having sex. He needs to join this site.

The NY Times just wrote about him.
    The New Number One Guy in the Group

Last edited: May 28, 2024
    OscarMadison likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It shocks me people still watch NCIS without Gibbs and the rest of the cast changes

the difference in total/demo rank explains Sheldon/Blue Bloods, somewhat

Draft saved Draft deleted