1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Yeah that sounded brutal. Hard pass.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Palm Royale. Overall, I liked it (I have expressed my love for Kristen Wiig and she excels in this as being funny and sexy/glamorous). Lots of laughs, but way too long and with a bizarre downer ending.

Great cast (Allison Janney, Laura and Bruce Dern, Leslie Bibb, Carol Burnett Josh Lucas) and not so great cast (Ricky Martin....and Natalie from Facts of Life?!?).

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What's your beef with Mindy Cohn?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Did you mean where's the beef? I have that answer ...

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The live, limited-run John Mulaney talk show on Netflix has been very weird, train-wreck sort of fun. I'm a fan of Mulaney. If you dislike him, you'd hate it.

Lots of great guests and weird shit under the loose premise of discussing a different topic about L.A. each night (earthquakes, coyotes, helicopters, etc.).

Richard Kind is the "sidekick." That's about the only part that hasn't worked for me. I like him, and I know what they're going for, but his bits have fallen flat, IMO.

Anyway, it's been something different that I've found pretty fun.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In a brutal power play, she and Blair deposed the way cooler and awesome Nancy, Sue Ann, Molly and Cindy. And don't get me started on what they did to Cinnamon.

OscarMadison and jr/shotglass like this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Richard Kind’s disdain for Saymo continues to amuse me

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

'A Man in Full' honors the novel by being a tedious, blunt slog of a story.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It reminds me of the time that they let Adam Pally and Ben Schwartz host one night of The Late Late Show, after Craig Ferguson left the gig. That one night happened to be the same night as a NYC blizzard, and as a result it is a delightful train wreck, and its nuts it got to air on CBS. (The full episode gets added and taken off YouTube all the time, so only a 9 minute clip is on there now.)

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

True. That’s good stuff.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The tv show ''A Man In Full" is just as tedious as the book ''A Man In Full."

A true to the source adaptation.

Draft saved Draft deleted