1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Your CBS affiliate is apparently owned by Sinclair. I feel bad for you, but not as bad as I feel for the people working under those shitweasels.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

We have a Sinclair station which I refuse to watch but no matter how many times I tell my husband that If he's going to watch the news, change it to one of the other channels, he always forgets. Drives me insane.

PCLoadLetter and sgreenwell like this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

She absofuckinglutely plopped.

Webster, Cosmo and MTM like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Larry/Susie fights will never get old.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The only things about Jeff/Larry/Susie is that Jeff never seems to say anything during their meetings with anyone else and he lets his wife rip into the client who made them a lot of money.

The scene in the Netflix office with the perfectly representative group on the couch while the white guy from Veep doesn’t listen to them at all and just makes all the decisions was gold.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Gwen and I just watched the finale a second time last night to revel in the Steve Martin-Amy Ryan poison scene and to catch a few clues that we missed the first time. We laughed just as hard.

OscarMadison and HC like this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Oh, of course it’s Sinclair. Seemed like something the Koch folks thought up in their reptilian brains.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My station was rumored to be up for sale for years and I would literally lose sleep over the idea that Sinclair may buy us. (Thankfully, someone else is buying us right now.)

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Dopesick

There is no finer actor working today than Michael Keaton. Some are as good. No one is better.

Wenders, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That pitch scene may be the most shocking in the history of the show: I was advance- cringing waiting for Larry to insult the overweight legless African-American in the wheelchair and somehow he never did.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think we may see them more.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Made it through "Colin in Black and White" on Netflix in one night after the World Series on Saturday. Kaepernick tells his story from junior high days up until his senior year. Powerful ending. His hometown paper, where I once worked, is even displayed a couple of times. One minor complaint: His high school, Pitman, is shown in blue and gold uniforms, which is the colors of crosstown rival Turlock High. Pitman wears green and black.

Powerful, inspiring ending. Have tissues nearby if you're the crying type.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted