1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Yes.

So different. So good.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Good to hear. It's on my list!

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Digging into The Good Fight - the guest stars alone will keep me watching.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Show was way better than I expected. Delroy Lindo is a gem.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Loved that show. I still laugh about "frog bikini Eiffel Tower." Season two is solid.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I would watch this Frasier.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s way better than good.

Glorious filmmaking.

HC likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I posted above about 68 Whiskey. Another fantastic "fling" if you are looking for a low time investment/high reward show is Men of A Certain Age from about 10 years ago. Worth seeking out. Ray Romano, Andre Braugher and Scott Bakula and some great supporting actors. It's on HBO Max now. And it won a Peabody. But was still cancelled after the second season. Oh that softball episode still kills me.

lakefront likes this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I won't. Kelsey Grammer lent his name to a group trying to pass some dumbass bill in FL a few years ago. Terrible bill. It passed. Bye bye Kelsey.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Louie was so good.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I watched Men of a Certain Age when it first aired. It was brilliant and it went out at just the right time.

Does anyone else find themselves less motivated to watch TV? This month I culled my streaming services down to three. (Hulu, Discovery+, and Amazon) There's a lot of great television out there, but I'm giving the side-eye at keeping a service for one or two shows. Sometimes I realize I've gone a month or two without tuning in to that service at all.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I got a free year of Apple TV and only watched Ted Lasso and The Morning Show. Although I loved both, I don't think I will renew for them. We also canceled Hulu and I haven't missed it.

I'll be watching a lot of baseball soon, so Netflix will be enough along with my 100s of over air and cable channels.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted