1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Sarah Cooper Netflix special is not funny and simply weird.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Monsterland on Hulu is a good thriller anthology.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Queens Gambit is really fun (3 episodes in)

Challenger special is an amazing reminder of how our country used to pull together about something.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

CBS kicked off some of its new season last night with NCIS New Orleans and a Covid-related episode ... the first of a steady stream I'm sure. It was followed by an NCIS reprise, S1 E1, in which Tony gets pneumonic plague.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My wife and I enjoyed The Queen’s Gambit, but that last episode was just OK. Still, very much worth your time.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ah, somewhat disappointing to read - we have just episodes 6 and 7 left, so, hoping to finish it out tonight. Still though, the show is delightful at subtly defying expectations. And, as the guys on The Watch podcast were saying, the set design and tracking shots are just absolutely ridiculous.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

My wife thought the finale was outstanding, as did I. It’s not a thriller so I didn’t want or expect something out of the ordinary to happen.
    I enjoyed that they opened the show with what turned out to be the middle of the story. Flashed back to the beginning and the second half was self revealing.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

The wallpaper alone is a reason to watch the show. I don't love the show but it's pretty good -- and I suspect I might like it more if I knew more about chess.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there has ever been a better final episode to a series than "Points," No. 10 in Band of Brothers. I just rewatched it for the umpteenth time, and it still gets to me, especially at the very end when they update what happened to all the primary characters, and Major Winters says he wasn't a hero, but served with a company of heroes. Roles of a lifetime for Damian Lewis and Ron Livingston, who have done a lot of other really good stuff.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Savor those episodes like the last half of a cigar; the last episodes are well done and bring you some strong emotions IMHO.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    heyabbott and sgreenwell like this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

We finished it up last night - I definitely liked them more than the consensus online, it seems. The whole show is just really well done.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Netflix Teenage Bounty Hunters is so much better than it sounds. And Kadeem Harrison, Dwayne Wayne from Different Strokes, is co-starring. He’s really good He’s 50 years old. OMFG, I’m old. Anyway. The show is fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted