1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I watched the first two episodes and couldn't stand the whiny FBI agent that gets assigned to Hannibal.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It's an uphill climb, but I really want to see what the view from the top of the mountain looks like.

I also love the casting of Mads Mikkelsen.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

He's the sole reason for me starting the show.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yellowstone is back. Some of the best work Costner has ever done. And the scenery is to die for.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The line from last year by Beth to her brother "You know what? And I say this with love. You should really kill yourself" was an all-timer. Hope they reveal the story behind that relationship this year. I've watched the first two seasons on DVD and the bunkhouse actors did a special feature about some of the behind the scene stuff. Also hoping for more stories relating to the reservation. Taylor Sheridan is one of those writers I'll check out anything he's done. And have. He's come a long way from playing the deputy in Sons of Anarchy.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Watched the first 3 episodes of "Ghosts" on HBO Max and like it. Of course, it's a BBC show which means there's only 6 episodes ...

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finished up the first season of City on a Hill. Glad they'll get another season and hopefully tighten up the storylines, great cast and crew, many who worked on Homicide and Law and Order. Still, wanted it to be better than it was.

Starting up Black Monday - if nothing else it will be a nice break from my usual fare. It's good - great cast and I enjoy the '80s throwback references. Don Cheadle is great in just about everything.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Perry Mason

I want so badly to like it, but the first date didn’t give me much of a spark.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Wanted to love Space Force. Watched two.... It's just not funny.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah they seemed morte intent on selling the 1930s LA feel than any kind of character development or plot line. It was awfully boring.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So did I, a couple of laughs but not The Office or Parks and Rec. I'm going to give it a few more chances.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I dunno, I enjoyed the pacing and I thought there was plenty of character development, given that there are a lot of characters and it's only the first epi. Plus, the atmospherics were great. I'm excited for epi 2.

Draft saved Draft deleted