1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Starting Kingdom (Korean zombie show); heard great things.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

More like a clapback because Murray is a fucking coward and should, most certainly, eat shit.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One of the last daytime soap operas might be on its last legs. Days of Our Lives has released all of its cast members from their contracts.
    They apparently have eight months worth of episodes in the can, so it's not over yet, but the show is going on hiatus.

'Days Of Our Lives' Entire Cast Released from Contracts

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Over 13,000 episodes of that show. Days of Our Lives: HOF?

6. DanOregon

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

To this day I can not see an hourglass in any format or context and not immediately hum to myself that show's syrupy string theme song.

8. DanOregon

Whether you watch Mr. Robot or not, they tend to do a "special" episode every season that really pops. Season 4s is ep. 5. Whether you are up on the plot or not - it is tremendous filmmaking worthy of Hitchcock, Brian DePalma and Paul Greengrass all rolled into one.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Clearly a compiler

10. DanOregon

Starting watching Days in college - it was one of four channels I got on my TV and I was too broke for cable - watched it consistently for about 18 months before I started to realize they endup just rebooting the plot about that time. Mysterious stranger comes to town and starts meddling in affairs, causing a ruckus among a few of the couples, turns out stranger has a connection to one (or more) of the people, confrontation happens, stranger is dispatched - Rinse and repeat.
    Days also seemed to have a weird habit of having a young couple, they have a kid and five years later the kid is some teenager causing havoc all over town, meddling in affairs, breaking up Marlena and John Black or whomever.

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

From Wiki, on Marlena:

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Danica McKellar's name was trending on Yahoo, so I clicked around to see what's up with Winnie Cooper, crush of my adolescence. The most salient thing I learned is that she has a kid and his name is Draco. For some stupid reason the kid's middle name is not Malfoy.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted