1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Just finished it.

Pretty darn great.

lakefront likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Catching up with West World. It's a frustrating season 2 because the production values are top notch - but undermined by plotting, editing and writing.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not going back for season 3 of that show. It's beautiful, but I have no fucking idea what's happening and I can't stand the idea that I have to spend hours on reddit combing through theories to try to piece it all together. Too much quality TV on, and I don't get to enough of it to begin with.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

britwrit likes this.
  5. DanOregon

The Good Place last week had a great tag. Jason thinks being told Bortles was cut was torture, only to find out it was true, then Janet says it the new QB is Foles and Jason says "He won a Super Bowl!" - I'm guessing they updated it with a closing shot voice over with Janet saying "Oh, Foles just broke his clavicle"
    I'm guessing that show has been in the can for about four or five months.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I said the same thing to my wife. Mainly because it is when they pan out.

Her reaction was, "wait, that's a real thing? Those weren't people the show made up?"

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The first season came together okay by the end, but in terms of storytelling, the second was a mess.

8. DanOregon

I get the sense that if they carried Season 2 forward, without the flashbacks/sidebacks or whatever, it would have been incredibly simple. But after all is said and done - it really did have a "Lost" vibe. Also - how do visitors get there on a train, but everyone has to leave by plane? And it's an island?
    I kept getting serious Fantasy Island vibes throughout the season, and not in a good way.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kominsky Method; good laughs and Paul Reiser is a nice add this year.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

All I know is that their plot led them to a place where Richard Ramirez kills Kajagoogoo. This is camp on a Jordan level. I’m all the fuck in.

Batman likes this.
  11. DanOregon

Between the Kaminsky Method and Barry - I really want to see some flashbacks on the respective acting coaches careers. I figure Kaminsky wouldn't be Michael Douglas, but more like a guy who played a "legman" for a Perry Mason or some such. Maybe if Douglas' career was entirely made up of playing second-fiddle to Karl Malden in Streets of San Francisco. And Winkler wouldn't be "The Fonz" more likely the funny neighbor like Larry in Three's Company or the husband in a sitcom where the wife was the star (like the guy from The Middle).

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I love the murder-happy Redwood Ghosts, too. I'm really hoping their plans for a proper, gory killing spree are not thwarted.

Draft saved Draft deleted