1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

2. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

A lot of critics said this season was better than last. I'd say this was the worst of all 3 seasons.
    Here’s a few reasons why: (spoiler alert)
    First, a lot of the storylines seemed pretty glossed over this season. They needed at least 10 episodes, not just 8.
    I thought Hopper sucked this season too. He just yelled all the time. Seemed like he yelled "JOYCE!" Like a thousand times. They very easily could've stretched the season out a couple more episodes with very little effort. Many of the eps were 1 hr, 17 min. ...
    The last show I watched before this was GOT, so I guess anything was gonna pale in comparison. But I thought season 2 of Stranger Things was much better. Lots of cheesy elements of this season. For example, in ep 1, Mike leaves El's house at night cuz it's her curfew, then he meets friends at the mall to watch a movie. So it has to be about 9 pm. Yet the mall is freaking PACKED with people...
    Finally: the monster was not at all scary this season. In the past, when the “Flayer” was pictured, it was much more mysterious, and it looked like nightmare imagery. This season, the monster just looked like something from The Alien.

3. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

Thanks for pointing this out. ... BTW, I predict there’ll be TWO more seasons of Stranger Things: one when they all get to be about 16 and are starting to drive cars, etc., and one that will be the summer after they graduate high school/prepare for college. Then, I’m guessing the Duffer Bros have a similarly nostalgic show...

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Duffer Bros has said they think it'll just be four seasons, but of course that can definitely change. Hell, in today's world of reboots, they could take 10 years off and do a season when the cast is in their mid-20s and have a field day with the mid-90s. That could be a lot of fun, now that I think about it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's interesting because '86, '87 and '88 don't have an obvious movie tie-in - most of the big hits were action or comedy. Nothing sci-fi ish. Unless they go with Aliens (which finished seventh in BO in '86)

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Finished season 2 and I’m not sure that I will be back for season 3. I like my plot to be at least minimally grounded in logic or reality.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, shit, what did you think you were in for? Pretty obvious from the first episode that it was sci-fi/fantasy

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was kind of let down by the final episodes of Stranger Things - the editing in the final episode was all over the place, the conclusion wasn't very satisfying (or emotionally devastating), and the final 20 minutes could have been cut down to a three minute montage. Considering the strong start, pretty disappointing.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think Webster was referring to "Killing Eve".

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Shitfuck

HC likes this.
  11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

He didn't get a BA. I liked Cutter but I agree the last few years were a mess. The 'ripped from the headlines' stuff always seemed obvious and the plots seemed forced or rushed.

Rohm and De La Garza are very good looking women.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Once they brought on Diane Wiest, it went down hill. Cutter was OK.

Draft saved Draft deleted