1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The actor who plays Smith is very good. He reminds me John C. McGilney. I also like the actors who play both Tagomi and Kido.

The show, IMO, has suffered by the weakness of the actors who play Juliana and Joe.

ChrisLong likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

A show with the reincarnated Martha Raye. Sweet!

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I bailed on the Man in the High Castle early in season 2. But it is etched in my memory when that one guy stopped at a town, and appeared what looked like snowflakes. It was explained to him that Wednesdays were the day they killed and cremated the infirm, handicapped, etc.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Our daughter turned us on to Kim's Convenience Store. It is a canadian comedy set in toronto. Now on Netflix. Korean family. Every person on the show is so darn cute!

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I LOVE that show. When JR is bugging me I hit him with Mr. Kim's "Okayseeyou".

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    poindexter likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Yep. There is a storyline dealing with the master race. John Smith, the highest-ranking Nazi in the U.S. had his son killed, or so it appeared. (Not being coy, just not completely sure).

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

"Martha Raye, condom user." - David Letterman

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Watched the first two seasons of 'The Good Place'. Was a bit skeptical at first, but after a few eps in I was all in. Haven't started season 3 yet.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My wife and I are watching it. We also like it so far, though we are only a couple of episodes in.

I hadn't gotten to the part with Ann-Margaret yet. I know she worked with Arkin as his character's love interest in the crappy Going in Style remake.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I liked it, also liked Grace and Frankie, but it is too much of "we are sooo old" talk. A lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted