1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I liked the 'bagging groceries at Trader Joe's line."

heyabbott likes this.
  2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Oh, the writing and the SNL cast bits were dry as toast. The funniest bit was Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg giving out their award. There were some tears in the Wenders' living room at the proposal and then following that up with In Memoriam and Aretha singing.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

What awful plot arcs?

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

To name 2, the Loot Train battle and silly aftermath and the logic defying trip north of the wall

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Merritt Wever is one of those actresses who is going to explode in a starring role down the line, and everybody's going to say (understandably), "She was in that? And in that? Wow ..."

Tremendous actress.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don't think you can judge the logic of driving north until the show plays out. It seems like a tactical and strategic mistake, now.
    By the time this thing starts up again Bran is going to be an old man

7. Severian

Yes. The seventh and eighth seasons should just be one, to be honest. But, HBO needs to drag the series finale hype as long as they can. Hence, why they are producing seven episodes these final two seasons.

Everything is halfway done, and we'll get the resolutions next year. I'm sure Game of Thrones will, once again, win best drama at next year's Emmy's.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So far, theturdbugler does not have the same magic as a big red dick.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally dedicating myself to Bojack Horseman ... just finished season 1, and I must say Vincent Adultman might be my favorite character on TV.

10. Severian

The show only gets better, and darker, from here. Enjoy.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

American Vandal season 2 finishes very strong. Very strong.

I’m not sure if it’s as great as the first season, which was fantastic, but they way season 2 crafts the basketball player is really well done.

These are fantastic shows about current high school life.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For reasons I cannot explain even to myself, I invested a half hour in the Dick Wolf FBI series on CBS. It is terrible. Really terrible. Plot appears as if MS-13 and neo-Nazis are in cahoots. Honest.

Draft saved Draft deleted