1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Severian

Don't sleep on "Barry."

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yay Henry Winkler!

Also, I didn't realize Ron Howard is just a T away from EGOT.

How, during tonight's broadcast, did they not mention that Andrew Lloyd Webber finished his EGOT during the Creative Arts Emmys last week?

(Also your reminder that The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is awesome and you should get caught up before the new season airs later this year.)

Webster and heyabbott like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm an EGOT snob - to really count they should all be in similar categories (acting, directing, writing musical composition, singing) actors getting grammys for reading their own damn book is a joke. I'll allow comedy albums.
    And a Daytime Emmy isn't a real Emmy.

Shoot Marvin Hamlisch swept the music categories in the '73 Oscars with The Way We Were (song, score) and The Sting (adapted score). The next year he took home four Grammys - including best new artist for The Sting and The Way We were and two years after that he did the music for A Chorus Line. He was 32 at that point and had to wait 20 years to finish his EGOT with some stuff he did with Streisand.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agreed on Mrs. Maisel — great show.

Can’t beleive that Game of Thrones won. Not a great season at all.

8. Severian

Game of Thrones' production, acting, writing, cinematopgraphy, costume design, make up, direction, etc., not to much its insane domestic and international fan base still makes it one of the best shows on television.

It's a movie-quality epic smashed into an hour of TV each week. That's quite the feat.

9. Webster

The production is great and it is popular. But it was a weak season with some awful plot arcs.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Agree, Mrs Maisel is really great and the acting, writing and directing Emmy’s are well deserved.

I watched Godless, the Western that won for Jeff Daniels and Merrit Wever. They deserved their awards. When Wever won I literally did a double take. That’s her? I didn’t realize she won an Emmy for Nurse Jackie.

I loved Westworld season 1, season 2 wasn’t as great but Evan Rachel Wood, Thandie Newton and Jeffry Wright are spectacular, IMHO.

My shows won bu Jost and Che were awful. THey were too restrained.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this skit

12. Webster

The Dwayne Wayne flip glasses were a nice touch.

I told Mrs. W that they should have given a reparation Emmy to Kenan, and then he explains to Che that he’s still on SNL and was even nominated that year.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted