1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Lost in Space reboot is Ok.
    I watched 3 or 4 episodes last night. I get that it is sci-fi, but some of this suspension of belief is tough.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched the finale of Scandal last night - as stupid and ridiculous as the show has been (in a good way) - the finale apparently felt that the last ep was the time to make a "statement" and view itself as an "important" show.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You not only had to suspend disbelief to get through that one, you had to kidnap disbelief, torture it and hide it in a distant state.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Almost finished with season one of Westworld. I watched the first two episodes when it first aired and can't for the life of me remember why I didn't keep on it. Anyway - show is great.

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Watched the first couple of episodes of Here and Now, the HBO series set in Oregon with Tim Robbins, Holly Hunter and their grown-up multi-ethnic clan of adopted children.

The characters are - at the very least - well off and I'm reminded of how Fitzgerald wrote that the rich are different than you or me. In this case, they're a whole lot more boring.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My wife is watching. Every time I wander past I think: Is there some kind of progressive cultural-political punch card the writers are working from?

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The Handmaids Tale season 2 starts today, I believe. I tried to look but all I see is info on what happened. Caught 1 last week. I totally recommend it.

I always say watch the pilot and go from there.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Finished Lost in Space Ep. 1, that was really good. Only thing it shares with the original is the title. Completely different, which is a good thing.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It's not being renewed, I saw today.

10. Made it halfway through Episode 6 of Lost in Space.
    I'm out.
    I like some the characters. Some of the suspension of disbelief is too much for me. And I really don't like Dr. Smith and how well she's plays everyone.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I watched the first season live, then completely forgot about the start of Season 2. It's got that added dose of chaos that was expected after the end of the first season, but perhaps a bit too much weirdness.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I used to watch that show for the first few seasons on the treadmill because I didn't have to concentrate too hard on what was going on.

And Kerry Washington.

Draft saved Draft deleted