1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Bea Arthur's. Duh.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Napalm Death bit on this week's Silicon Valley was amazing.

Finally decided to catch up with Season 2 of Black Mirror, and what the holy fuck was that White Bear episode?

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Just started watching "The Crown," per a sister's recommendation. Didn't expect to like it, but I crushed the first three episodes in one sitting and am now halfway through season one. Not sure how much of it hews exactly to historical events (and I'm not really all that interested in finding out), but I just enjoy the storytelling and the acting. John Lithgow is terrific as Winston Churchill. Better, IMHO, than Gary Oldman in his Oscar-winning turn in "Darkest Hour."

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'The Americans' final season has been strong.
    Elizabeth is 3-for-3.
    Three episodes, and she's killed someone in each.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Check out White Christmas and Be Right Back; awesome

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

3 seasons into my binge of The Wire. Can’t believe I waited to watch it.

Cosmo and sgreenwell like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Catching up on Westworld. What a fantastic re-imagining, pretty brilliant. Perhaps the best thing about it is seeing some very talented actors finally get roles where they get to shine. Thandie Newton, Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, James Marsden, Jimmi Simpson.
    I actually think Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins are among the weakest links...

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Fatal error... I started watching season 4 of Bosch last night. There goes my free time for the next few nights.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Lost In Space. Watched the 1st episode. Pretty intense.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Invariably when I'm channel surfing and I run past AXS on guide, I'll land there and I'm good for several hours. Great track by track story telling of some of the great all time albums (Clapton and Bruce broke down Disraeli Gears last night), Dan Rather's Big Interview, and nice career biographies of some of the giants of rock and roll (although running at 30 minutes, they really can't do service to the full story for bands like the Who and the Kinks using last evening as an example).

If you're a fan of 60s and 70s rock and roll, I think you'd find this channel very enjoyable.

lakefront likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Their coverage of concerts is very good.

lakefront likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

When we cut back on our cable, we lost AXS and IFC in the third tier.

I miss both of them a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted