1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

One highly recommended on Netflix:

Occupied.

About Norway stopping oil production and the world freaking out. Russia takes over the country, silently.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I don't know I would consider O'Louughlin accomplished going in. Hawaii Five-O was the third CBS show he was set up as the star and the first to succeed.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Has Black Mirror on Netflix been discussed here?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Some of those foreign shows are worth the subtitles. Spiral from France is highly recommended.

5. Loved the first season. It was something else.
    The second season was ok. I skipped the first episode of season 2 after about 20 minutes.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Haven't seen Spiral but Witnesses is a great French series. I watch more foreign shows than domestic on Netflix, especially anything Nordic. (My sig pic comes from "The Bridge", my favourite show).

exmediahack likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Starts out strong, descends into madness. Some incredible acting Maslany along the way.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think you mean Orphan Black.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ah, shit. You're correct. Sorry, that was my clone typing that. Black Mirror is way better than Orphan Black.

10. Loved Orphan Black. Gave it up after the 1st episode of Season 4.
    Same with OITNB. Zero interest in the new season.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The first episode was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on TV. Ned Beatty feels the PM's pain.

sgreenwell and poindexter like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The first one was amazing. Some of the others were good but there are a few misses. The last episode was simply brilliant. I like the ones best where it feels like it could really happen. The first and last ones do that so well. Just replace the bees in the last one with drones and you could easily have some psychopath make a Twitter game of bumping people off. Loved the acting in both episodes.

Speaking of Black Mirror, is there going to be another season released or was that it?

Draft saved Draft deleted