1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I have never cared about a Kiefer Sutherland character in any show or movie.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Watch the Season 2 episode when Jack volunteers to fly the nuke out of range and detonate it over the desert, and calls his daughter to tell her what he's doing and how he won't come back alive.

EDIT: Watch this:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    KYSportsWriter likes this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

This talk about Kiefer Sutherland reminds me that Designated Survivor couldn't be less subtle even if the actors broke character and turned to the camera to give a lecture on gun control or bi-partisanship.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don't think they said "We're running out of time" once on 24: Legacy.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Did they at least say dammit?

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It was a fun diversion, but yea, ended poorly. Like they were trying to hard to set up another season.

Does Jimmy Smits get the Emmy for overacting?

The whole crime boss brother thing fell flat, although I liked when the gangbangers shot it out with the terrorists.

7. cisforkoke

Batman did it way better.

8. cisforkoke

His speech in one of the episodes near the end was pure ham. He should have broken the fourth wall and worked in a promo for Easter dinner somewhere.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

How is SJ.com not discussing the "impact as a verb" line from Designated Survivor tonight?

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If there is a strike, I could probably spend a year catching up on shows I'd like to watch but haven't had time to yet. And I think "struggling financially" might be different in Hollywood than the rest of the world. I know a writer for Homeland and if tines get too tough, I guess she could sell either the Porsche or the BMW.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You are clearly just a pro-management shill.

Draft saved Draft deleted