1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Did 'Emerald City' start?
    Dang, I was going to record that.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Better Call Saul teaser.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Fell asleep watching 'Taboo' last night.
    I'm interested, but, man, there was a lot of mumbly, low talking in that.

I'm not talking about accents. I'm pretty good understanding accents, and those in the show were not that pronounced.
    But it was like so many movies, the actually dialogue was really, really low. I had the damn TV cranked.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think "It's Always Sunny" has been fall-over hilarious in its first two episodes of this season.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Even though the Keyser Soze ending was easy to see coming it was still really good.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

They've had Sir Patrick on about 3-4 times, now, so he's pretty loose when he's on — he's a friend of the show. And each one is hilarious, especially when they start sharing Wil Wheaton stories. Hardwick was a boyhood friend of WW.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

My wife started watching it over the holidays with her mom and really liked it, so I have been catching up on it. I really like it so far, though the grown up Randall is a strange guy.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I binge watched this with my best friend when I went home to Vancouver over Christmas. It wasn't what I expected and we both got hooked really quickly.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Only got better with Milana Vayntrub (Lilly on the AT&T commercials) joining the cast.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Recently began watching Shameless and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. William H. Macy is outstanding.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I've seen the first four episodes and will revisit it at some point in the future. It's not deathless comedy for the ages, but it's a nice diversion. In some ways, it reminds me of the improv sitcom, "10 Items or Less."

I saw the season (series?) finale of "Sherlock." Good lord, it was dark. I still haven't decided if it was the worst episode or one of the best.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What do we think of The Young Pope?

I was pretty hooked early on, thanks to the cinematography and camera work.

Draft saved Draft deleted