1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm 6 episodes into DD and have taken more of a liking to it. But without enhanced strength and recuperative powers I don't buy his ability to beat so many guys to a pulp. Agility and reflexes just don't make it. But, it's a comic book and I suspend most rational belief, but Hell's Kitchen is not a pit of crime. Gentrification hit and now New York Magazine calls Hell's Kitchen a gayborhood. Even the Times calls it safe. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/realestate/rapid-change-in-hells-kitchen.html?_r=0

Still. It's a great TV show and I'll binge watch 2-3 episodes a night for the next couple of days

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just finished the 4th episode of Orphan Black. I may stick with it. (I know, I'm like 3 seasons behind or something, but 10 eps/season isn't hard to make up)

3. Very entertaining show.

New Season of Wentworth just dropped on Netflix.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Here's the Big Bad for Season 2:

[​IMG]

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They explained the status of Hell's Kitchen during the series. It was hit hard during the attack on New York in Avengers and Kingpin and other criminals have taken advantage of the situation.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were always meant to cross over. They are all set in the same universe as Avengers and the other related Marvel movies and television series.

As I mentioned previously on the board, Jessica Jones is based on the Marvel Comics series Alias, which was a Max imprint. That meant it had adult content and was definitely not meant for children. If I remember correctly, Alias was initially planned to feature Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman), but it was changed to star the newly-created character Jessica Jones.

Brian Michael Bendis created the series and character. He gets some mixed responses from fans, but his strength is character development and interaction. He did great work with Jones and Luke Cage, an existing character who badly needed the makeover.

heyabbott likes this.

7. Is Steven Avery Guilty? Evidence 'Making a Murderer' Didn't Present

The system may be flawed, but there's NO doubt in my mind they got the killers. None.

RickStain likes this.
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Of course.

9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Between Fuller House and Girl Meets World, we're halfway to a second-generation TGIF. What's next? "Family Matters More" with Urkel and Laura's fashionably nerdy children? "Perfecter Strangers" with Balki back from Mypos?

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I powered through season 4 of Californication on my day off. That show is wild as fuck. The real estate agent with all the sick fantasies was insane but had me busting a gut.

My wife started Dexter, but I couldn't get into it.

Looking forward to DareDevil season 2 for Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle. Would love if that turns out well. I liked Thomas Jane in the role, but his movie sucked (don't even get me started on the weirdness of the Dolph Lundgren/Louis Gossett Jr version). This could be the best Punisher we'll get.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Home for the snow and found Dynasty, it's like walking into Bruce Jenner's closet

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We discovered this show recently. Almost through season three.

If you're looking for a show to binge on, and haven't checked this one out, it's worth a try.

Draft saved Draft deleted