1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Truth

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by editorhoo, May 3, 2008.

1. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

^^^spup1122
    Hate to get nitpicky, but your avatar should read "BROS BEFORE HO'S" instead of "BROS BEFORE HOES" -- unless you're equating Hillary with a handheld farming utensil. :)

2. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

I agree with that line of thinking, because I was taught that whenever you write something and someone misunderstands it, it's your fault because you didn't communicate properly. I get that.

But I also understand there is only one hard-line truth in life — death. By that, I mean there are exceptions to every rule.

I do believe my blog that got censored is an exception, because I began the blog by explaining this was a text conversation between me and a friend and people still didn't get it. Plus, even after I EXPLAINED my intention, I was told I was wrong. Seriously, it's not my fault half the people out there are below average intelligence.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

SHOULD be Bros Before Hos. No possessive.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

She got the image off Busted Tees. Take it up with them. :D

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

They are wrong and will burn in hell. Tshirthell.com has it wrong too, but their shirts are funny, so they get a mulligan.

6. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

I think it actually should be 'hos, because it's a contraction.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I agree with your readers; I think the "just a blog" mentality is misguided. You need to respect their time. They go on to a news Web site with a purpose. As you describe your item, I don't see how it serves any purpose except to indulge your desire to write it. There's nothing wrong with that if it was on MySpace.com or something like that, but when it's attached to a news Web site, I think it's a reasonable expectation for it to be informational and reasonable for them to feel disappointed if their time has been wasted with something that isn't.

8. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

I honestly fear for our society because of this. More and more, people are just sheep. They have no ability to distinguish the difference between fact and opinion, something I learned in first grade.
    It will only get worse for two reasons:

1. Dumb people tend to reproduce and spread their dumb genes at far greater numbers than people with brains (devolution).
    2. As media become more diffuse and newspapers fail, standards of objectivity and fairness will fall, completely blurring the line between fact and opinion.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I agree with the last two posts.

You have to be careful when blogging about your personal life.

Just ask Jamele Hill.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

You can't always blame that on lack of education or something. Hell, how many times do people here disagree about something that is written. And we're all the smartest motherfuckers on the planet.

12. Babs

Babs Member

I didn't mention education. I think the biggest issue is the fractionalization of society. People aren't forced to listen to opposing views, so they don't learn to think critically about things.

Draft saved Draft deleted