1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trail of Vomit Starts in Louisville, KY.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Brethren,

It's a little known fact that I occasionally like to drink with my fellow SportsJournalists.commers in strange and wonderful cities. New York, D.C., Chicago, Minneapolis, Toronto... Oh, there have been some blurry, hazy times. Offering wicked $100 to puke on the sidewalk (he did not collect, and really, I'm still in shock); watching hockeybeat eat a bowl of creamed spinach and then watching some floorbound dude get turned into creamed spinach with a single punch; beholding the perfect storm of seeing Clubber Slang and IJAG in the same bar; and, of course, finding the corpse of a certain mustachioed redneck in my hotel bathroom after a memorable night at Nye's.

Well, it's time for another bender, even though only 20 hours ago, I was staggering out of El Floridita in Havana, having tried to break Hemingway's house record for diaquiri consumption (and I could have, too, if I hadn't been kicked out).

Anyway, Darling Joe doesn't know this yet, but we've been talking about a reunion, a rekindling of the bilious fires that burned so bright in Minneapolis.

This will be last-minute, sketchy, potentially law-breaking, and absolutely brutal on its participants, because I expect, as always, at least one member of the crew to fall near death, or at least into some kind of coma.

But I feel certain that sometime this weekend, a crater will be made somewhere in the vicinity of Louisville, Kentucky -- and by vicinity, I mean within a seven-hour radius of Louisville.

More details to come, but if you're man enough (or woman enough, especially if you're woman enough) to drink with Joe and me -- and know that there will be no sipping, and that you will see my ass and possibly my balls, probably dunked in your drink -- sign up here and we'll figure something fun out.

The time to live is now, brothers and sisters. Be not afraid, for your place in history will be thine for the taking.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Re: And You Shall Know Us By The Trail of Vomit

If this ever happens within a 7-hour radius of SLC, I'll be the designated driver.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

GODDAMMIT WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE BEEN THIS PAST WEEKEND WHEN I WAS STUCK PLAYING SEA WORLD GO FISH WITH MY FATHER??

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

7 hours in which direction, Jones?

:)

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Jones, I am completely bummed about this. We set our weekend with Darling Joe this week and got iced out of the area. Now, Doc and I can't go back for at least two weeks!

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Don't do it people. He has a drink and a half, can't hold it, and inevitably will ditch you for the first transvestite hooker who flashes him the wide stance. It's like clockwork. Clock strikes 12:18 and he's heading for the door with a penis sticking out from under a miniskirt and you're left staring at a beer 7 hours from Louisville without a friend in the world. Consider yourselves warned.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because you talked mean to me... Karma's a bitch.

And yeah, which direction...

I, however, would pay good money to see Jones picking up a transvestite hooker in my burg....

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Question. Is the meeting in Louisville or Minnesota?

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

Big Ragu, you ingrate. Hath thee forgotten P.J. Clarke's, and the good will I showed? Hath thee forsaketh me and my pints of Guinness and burgers of cheese? Gingerbread's delightful glass of wine -- dust blowneth from the bottle -- at the Subway Inn? My ass in Pastor's face at some other joint I can't recall? And I was simply giving that wayward transvestite a ride home, Heathen.

Oh, and by the way, brothers and sisters, this isn't the Post Your Excuses For Being a Lameass Thread. This is the signup thread.

Sxy, dearest Drunkface, and slappy, my homey, and KY, my jellied friend, I'm hoping the event will be nearish fair Louisville, but I must discuss this further with Darling Joe. It could be a few hours west or south. I would guess not north and probably not east, although I do have to make a stop in Morristown, Tennessee.

Go forth, my flock, and maketh it a double.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Jonesy,
    The closer to Louisville, the better.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Jones, when are you going to be in Texas?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't eat burgers or cheese and I wasn't there to see you eat the ground rodent they cooked up on a radiator in the bathroom for you. I do remember Gingerbread, but not the glass of wine. Maybe it's because she didn't snub me for a woman with an Adam's apple the size of a canned ham, or maybe she's just more interesting than you and your endless stories about the relative sexual merits of various Canadian farm animals.

By the way, who's idea was the Subway Inn? Have I been forgiven yet? I've actually been back there since. Friend I went with was suitably unimpressed, as in, "Are you out of your f'in mind bringing me here?"

Draft saved Draft deleted