1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The top radio talk-show hosts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only national talkers I like are Dan Patrick and Todd Wright (Sporting News Radio).

I'm surprised Norm Hitzges isn't on the list. He is a Dallas radio icon.

2. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

It ain't sports, so please excuse the hijack. But for the love of God, does anyone put the douche in douchebag more than Glenn Beck?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Last night was a supreme example. Goldberg's not completely full of shit (was Woodrow Wilson an epic horse's ass? You bet), but
    what Goldberg and his ilk refuse to address is the lingering basic problem we have with congress -- special-interest dollar influences have largely corrupted the process, and many of the "best bills money could buy" passed the past few years, stand as evidence. This is what currently pisses so many citizens off . . . more than anything else Goldberg made reference to during his Beck-hosted infomercial.

Back to sports. There's enough there, to complain about.

4. The entire industry is fraudulent.
    That is all.

5. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

OK, to make it sports related, Cowherd might give Beck a run for his money. I'd like to lock them both in a room ... and leave them there.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They'd both expire, after endlessly trying to talk over one another . . .

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Agreed.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Since he's based in Toronto, he doesn't count, but Bob McCown is the best sports talk guy on the planet.

9. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

i wouldn't consider him the best, but i really enjoy tony paige's shows on wfan. he's very friendly with the callers, doesn't cut them off and talks about a wide-variety of topics when he's on.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A decent man. Any perceived weaknesses, others will regard as strengths (too much boxing, more Jersey local color than you might like . . . ). Guys who don't lord it over callers rank high with me, and he doesn't. Alas, some of his regular callers will provoke me into fiddling with the dial, at least temporarily.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

At 42, Francesa and Russo are ranked 59 spots too high.

12. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

agrreed but usually at that time when he's on, i'm not changing dials as i'm laying down.

Draft saved Draft deleted