1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Tom Coughlin video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No. The only point I was making was that this was not comparable to a walk-off home run celebration in baseball.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

This whole thread reminds me of Bill Gramatica celebrating a first-quarter field goal and ending up with a torn ACL. One of my favourite sporting moments ever.

3. I have no problem whatsoever with the celebration. When you put in a week of hard work and then go out and beat one of the best teams in the league, you should celebrate in the locker room. The Giants waited until they were in the locker room, which is the right way to play it.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Really?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have no problem with the prayer. It's not college ball and if there's a player who doesn't want to participate, he's in the clear minority.

I thought picking up the coach and carrying him around the locker room was over the top. I wasn't offended by it on any level.

Part of the reason why it's funny is because Coughlin is one of the last coaches you would ever expect to celebrate like that.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Really what? That it's one of my favourite moments, or that a thread discussing whether a celebration was overblown would remind me of an overblown celebration?

OK, the part about it being one of my favourites is an exaggeration. But still, it was pretty fucking funny.

7. Guy_Incognito

A, I'm pretty cynical, but that seemed a little mean. You clarified, that's all.

8. Raiders

Raiders Guest

I also thought Gramatica really earned that injury. It truly was bad form.

9. Guy_Incognito

Tore my Achilles tendon last year - maybe I'm overly sensitive.

Draft saved Draft deleted