1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Tiger Woods Pile-on Thread: Next Up, Jim Brown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Never been a Tiger fan, but I have to side with him on this one... It's his business how he wants to handle this, and lord knows there's a million reasons why it's in his best interest to ignore it. Michael Jordan chose to do the same thing and it seemed to work out pretty well for him...

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Brown should talk about fraternities that take hot wire hangers and brand letters into the flesh of younger members.

Branding humans. That's bad right? It makes you think of another time period, right?

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

That would be a hell of a drop off considering what he currently has.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And, she's not tappable.

5. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Jim Brown is a very bitter man, he quit way too soon and deep down regrets it.

6. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Eh, Tiger ain't even African-American. Jim's barking up the wrong tree.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Thank you. Fuck Jim Brown.

8. So let's use "lynch" in connection with African American athletes all the time.
    Why not?
    It's just a word and it's not racist and no big deal.
    I expect to hear the Fox crew use it often during the Super Bowl.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Fen, normally I agree with you, but no one is making that argument. The thread title? Talking about Jim Brown, not whether or not the comment was right.

10. No, but the whole discussion of Brown, from one side, is that this is no big deal, Tiger doesn't care, Kelly's been punished enough etc. etc. That's why people are arguing with what Brown said. I'm just suggesting the logical corollary.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I think "issues" like this make people numb to the real problems that still exist in this country.

I think this woman made a stupid mistake. I don't think this was a hate crime.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If only Tiger had the guts to say something like that. He loves to shy from controversy.

Draft saved Draft deleted