1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Tiger Woods Pile-on Thread: Next Up, Jim Brown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jan 24, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Does it need to be said that Jim Brown is way off base here?

Tiger said he knows Kelly Tilghman and knows the context of what she said and whether or not she meant it maliciously. That plays as much a part in the whole flap as the actual word being used.

No, there's no redeeming using "lynching in a back alley." But I'd be singing a vastly different tune if Colin Montgomerie or Rush Limbaugh said it instead of a woman Tiger Woods has said he considers a friend.

Someone serve up the legend a helping of STFU please.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

STFU doesn't fly with Jim Brown.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Thank you!

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Tiger made the smart play. He wants to retain future tapping rights on Ms. Tilghman just in case.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

On one of the other threads someone said Ms. Tilghman played for the other team.

I dunno, just reporting what was written.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Ya know why athletes have become the "greatest bores"? Because of ESPN, PTI, ATH, the internet, and every hack with a column dissects their every word ad nauseum, why bother dealing with that? And, the few athletes that do speak their mind, Curt Schilling for example are known as "blowhards", or "redlight"....they can't win.

7. KP

KP Active Member

So that's how he wins so damn much, he's 2% more man than everyone else. :D

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'll give you that. Buncha damn hypocrites!

You can't win, though. We're dissecting his every non-word!

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

yep......damn hypocrites! ;)

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Do we know for sure that Tiger is not speaking because he's afraid of losing endorsement deals? Or is it that he's not a real outspoken person on these kinds of issues? I'm asking genuinely.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'm amazed this country bothers holding some bubble-headed sports announcer to any standard at all.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I think he did speak out and weight in. He said "I don't give a fuck."

It wasn't a very big deal in the first place and I applaud Tiger for not allowing ATH, PTI, Sportscenter, Golfweek, etc., and Jim Brown and Al Sharpton to bully him in to a stance he doesn't agree with.

Draft saved Draft deleted