1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Thumb

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, May 4, 2009.

1. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Can you run me for what I'm thinking?

No? Good. Then I think you're a cocksucker.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You want me to call you a cocksucker?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Damn, I don't know which are more inane ...RB's "I'm a hard ass ump" threads or chef's "I'm a hardass ump" threads.

4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

He didn't say anything directly to me, Chef. My partner said he didn't see him do it (was following the runner until I called time), but said he'd have done the same thing. Both teams had been super-chirpy all game, and we told them they were on a short leash. Without the prior warning, we would have just said something to him. But we were close to losing both teams, so it had to be done.

RB

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I actually agree with this. I play in an adult baseball league, and the only thing I hate about it is the loud-mouthed, bush-league assholes. Had an ump warn me for my foot being just outside the foul line when I was holding a runner on at first base, because somebody in the other dugout made a fuss about it. I've been playing the position for 20 damn years and nobody's ever said a word. Fuck that shit.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Let the overweight, past-their-prime, middle-age-crisis-be-having, never-let-go-of-their-childhood, peaked-in-high school losers play.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Hey, if we don't play, you don't have a job, Blue!

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about a certain geographical area in Michigan.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

No spnited.....the award for most inane would be your trolling around looking for threads to come in and dump on.

You don't like them, don't post on them.

Thanks

Chef

10. I thought this was going to be a Steelers-related thread.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I thought it was going to be a new variation of the shocker.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"He must've called him a cocksucker."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted