1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The three finalists to host The Price Is Right are...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Apr 5, 2007.

?

Who's your choice?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2007.
  1. Mark Steines

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. George Hamilton

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Mario Lopez

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. Cancel the show once Barker retires

26 vote(s)
    70.3%
  1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

How about Guy Smiley?

[​IMG]

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If those are my options, cancel the show. If another hose is an option, let that be it.

This has all the appeal of Ray Combs in Family Feud

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Give it to him:
    [​IMG]

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I agree.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

He hosts a couple programs on Food Network, including Unwrapped.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Wink's still around, along with the three-foot-long microphone, and hosting "Take On Orbitz!" on a TV set near you.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

After finding a fairly good list of all-time game-show hosts, two came to mind:

Drew Carey, which would be worlds better than any of the three clowns mentioned...

Anderson Cooper. Maybe he's tired of war zones and international politics and handoffs from Larry King. Better time slot, too.

I just thank God that Tom Bergeron was not in the mix.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Happy Gilmore.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Fen, I could be wrong, but I think Narz died last year or within that last two years. Wasn't his brother Tom Kennedy who did Body Language and a few TPIR shows?

Steines works for ET. He's an Iowa boy from Dubuque. He roomed with current UNI football coach Mark Farley at UNI in the mid-80's, and Steines worked for KWWL-TV in Waterloo for a short time before leaving. He still has family here, but I highly doubt that he would be a good fit for TPIR.

If they can't get Tom Kennedy, Wink, Eubanks, or Monty Hall, then CBS has to end the run. It'll never be the same when Bob walks off that set the final time.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Here's a picture of Mark Steines for those that don't know who he is...
    [​IMG]

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

You young people (and not-so-young people) have no sense of television game show history. Bill Cullen, one of the great hosts in game show history, hosted the Price Is Right for many years before Bob Barker, and they revived the show later.

John O'Hurley would be a better choice than any of the three people listed. Except for the fact that she seems to have annoyed people recently, Rosie O'Donnell might have been a good choice because she was a fan of the show, has a quick wit, and seemed to understand the way to work that show. From the sports world, Lynn Swann might be a good host.

Draft saved Draft deleted