1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The terrorists won

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Your life not being any different is not exactly something to brag about, you know.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I never said I was the class model. But at least this life isn't a result of the attacks, either.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It was orange when I flew up here three weeks ago.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why was that not publicized?
    The Bushies used to issue "alert" reports every other day when they we trying to get reelected.
    Now, what, they just don't care anymore?

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, spnited, they weren't trying to beat you (or me for that matter). They were trying to beat our country and they have.

It's not about individual mindset. The terrorists aren't looking at you, or me or spnited and saying, "Damn, we haven't done anything to them!" They're looking at our nation as a whole and how we've reacted to 9-11 and they're laughing their asses off at us.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I disagree that they have beaten this country Pern.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I think it's always orange at airports.

8. imjustagirl

So now we're going from there haven't been any oranges to they're just not publicizing them?

Pick a point. Stick with it.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Why do you disagree? Do you not think they accomplished the goals they set out when they attacked us on 9-11?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I agree with that. But, like spnited said, if the masses didn't ultimately gravitate toward those in charge, things wouldn't be so humorous to those looking at us. At least I don't think they would.

11. imjustagirl

Dyno, I don't remember that being the case, but I can't speak to it from memory as I just remember when they said it was orange it stuck out to me.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't know what their goals were.
    I think the Bush administration is to blame for the damage to this country in the past seven years. If the terrorist attacks never happened, the current incompetents in Washington would have found some other way to screw up this country.

Draft saved Draft deleted