1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Tao of Isiah Thomas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dan Rydell, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

NEW YORK -- Knicks coach Isiah Thomas denied calling a former female team executive vulgar names, according to a videotaped deposition played for a jury Monday in his sexual harassment trial.

"I never cursed at Miss Sanders," Thomas said of Anucha Browne Sanders, the former senior vice president of marketing and business operations who is seeking $10 million in damages on her claim that she was fired because she accused Thomas of harassment.

"Now have I ever used curse words around her, yes, but at her? No," Thomas said in response to questions posed by attorneys. The tape was projected on a big screen in a packed federal courtroom in the second week of the widely publicized trial.

On the tape, Thomas also said that he would find it more offensive if a white male called a black female a "bitch," than if a black male used the same term when speaking to a black female. Browne Sanders has said that Thomas repeatedly called her that.

I ain't even touching that one, Zeke.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3024505

Draft saved Draft deleted