1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Summer Met PR Disaster Is Upon Us

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's not sunmer unless the NY Mets have a sexual pr disaster that engulfs their season. Johann Santana you're up:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/23/new-york-mets-johan-santana-pitcher-sexual-battery-florida-rape/

2. CR19

CR19 Member

Look on the bright side. At least Steve Phillips wasn't with the team during his scandal...

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"WEIRD SEX ACT ON GOLF COURSE!" -{NY Post}

And I eagerly await the Post's Page Six cartoon on this alleged drama. Maybe something involving Santana and Tiger.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

David Cone doesn't see the big deal.

And I love it. Mets PR disasters are my crack.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There's a job right up your alley listed on the Jobs board.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Thigh Master just released a statement. I'm just gonna go ahead and give this the JRC treatment it deserves.

"I'm aware of the situation," (of course you are, you were there ejaculating on her thigh) Santana read from a pre-written statement (that was proofread by Dwight Gooden and Daryl Boston). "What I can tell you is that police have investigated these claims last year, (once again lil' Jeffy sent Dave Howard down to Florida with a blank check) and I was never charged with anything (Money Shot: It's not just for the golf course anymore!), and the case is closed (unlike my zipper). Unfortunately at this time, that's all I can say. And I have no further comments. (What a redundant fucker, clearly this part was written by Horwitz. Hey does anyone want to go play putt-putt?)."

7. Boom_70

Spnited getting caught in back of panel truck smoking dope with Mr Met and Joan Payson is still my favorite but there has been some gems.

Vince Coleman fire cracker story was hidden gem also.

8. Boom_70

Hell of a write up in The Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/2010/06/23/2010-06-23_mets_ace_johan_santana_hit_with_rape_accusation_on_florida_golf_course_last_year.html

Loved this line:

"The Mets organization chimed in with a tin-eared statement of their own, calling the alleged crime "a personal matter."

Bizare sequence of events - it does appear that Johann has a lot of staying power:

The alleged assault happened on the evening of October 27 at a course located near a gated community in Ft. Myers, according to the police report.

The woman claimed she and Santana were strolling together when the pitcher suddenly "began to kiss her and pull up her top, unclasping her bra." Although she "told Johan no multiple times," Santana lifted her skirt and thrust his hands into her underpants, the report states.

The accuser claimed Santana then tore her skirt off and raped her while she "continuously told Johan 'no.'" The Mets hurler responded by bruising her right calf and "grabbed her hair" before he "ejaculated on her upper thigh," according to the report.

Instead of immediately calling the cops, the woman told detectives she "cleaned her thigh with her underwear."

She then wandered over to a tennis court "and continued to sit at the tennis courts as Johan played tennis with another person." Detectives later retrieved the clothes the woman wore

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Coleman was a good one. But Johan Santana figured if Bret Saberhagen could spray bleach in the locker room why not spray the golf course.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You need a hobby.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Instead of immediately calling the cops, the woman told detectives she "cleaned her thigh with her underwear."

She then wandered over to a tennis court "and continued to sit at the tennis courts as Johan played tennis with another person."

So he rapes her and she chills out and watches him play tennis.
    No wonder there were no charges filed.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

You just now realized that? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted