1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The State: SC QB Mitchell suspended indefinitely

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Sep 13, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Re: The State: SC QB Mitchell suspended indefinately

Suspend him for the season. Got to put your foot down on crap like this. Similar incident here last year with the hockey team where there is a no bars rule in place (the going to bars part is very loosley inforced). however a group of about six players were involved in a bar fight, they were baasically jumped, but still. The coach was unable to enforce any kind of real punishment on the players because they were the teams stars and the higher ups suddenly got skiddish about dropping them or trading them immediately. Needless to say the coach lost the dressing room soon after that and the team which had been playing well to that point went down the shitter. Got to take this crap seriously no matter the player's status on the team.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Re: The State: SC QB Mitchell suspended indefinately

See thread about spelling "definitely."
    Jeez Louise.
    D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y

There is no A in definitely.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I fixed the thread title, I just couldn't stand it.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Steve Spurrier has struggled to clean the team up as a whole. Obviously, this doesn't help.

Lots of Smelley headlines to come ... likely QB now is Chris Smelley, unless Spurrier thinks Syvelle Newton can make the throws he usually seeks in his type of QB.

6. Underage girls and sucker punches.

This is Gamecock football.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm sure there's more details to come, but the story makes the conversation sound like this:

Mitchell: Hey, Kylan, you like me?

Kylan: You're OK. Except for that bringing-underage-girls-to-the-bar thing. I can't countenance that. [turns to walk away]

Mitchell [winding up like Popeye]: KA-POW!

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"Smelley 'Cock, Smelllllll-e 'Cock, what are they feeding you?"

Now that would be a fun chant for the opposing team's student body.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Exactly, J_D. It will be open season ... even more than usual.

"Mitchell finally hits something" is another possibility. It wasn't like South Carolina was an offensive machine before this happened. Spurrier didn't have any offensive players available to the media the last couple of days, probably because they were offensive enough on the field.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

What a douche. This kid is 21, I have no problem with him going to the bars.

Starting fights? Naw. Suspend his ass for the rest of the season, just like if he had done severe damage to his hand.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The daughter of a friend of mine has just begun her freshman year at USC. Her name is Kelly. She has a class with Chris Smelley.

The family is hoping they never get together and get married.

12. The star receiver for Byrnes, S.C. - the high school power that played on ESPN in August - is a junior named Antonio Snoddy. If there is a God, in two years there will be a Smelley-to-Snoddy passing tandem.

Draft saved Draft deleted