1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 9)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

JINX BUY ME A COKE.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Liverpool have the lead. Holy shit man, what a gack.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Um, cheeky?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

What an incredible second half for Liverpool.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

I'm actually crying.

7. Regan MacNeil

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I can't believe what I just saw.

9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Those jackwagons needed to STFU and let the singing tell the story for a few seconds.

Cosmo likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

B/R's Champions League coverage has been a disgrace. Makes me long for the days of FS1.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Can I get maudlin for a second?

I pull my boy out of school again. He's dyed his hair red for good luck. He has his vintage Liverpool jersey and scarf on. We turn on the game. He says that he doesn't think Liverpool can do it, and I say, "You never know, especially with Liverpool," but I don't really mean it. I'm preparing myself to mop up tears at the end.

Origi scores. Oh, hey now! Then 3-0. One more. One more. We're standing two feet from the TV. That ridiculous goal—we nearly blew the roof off. He jumped into my arms in a way that he won't be able to for much longer.

Then we pace and gasp and shout until the whistle finally blows. He jumps into my arms again, and I just hold him, and we stand like that, him in my arms, while we watch Anfield sing.

I'm crying, he's crying, and I don't even think about getting a mop.

Sometimes sports and being a dad combine in the most wonderful ways. What a great day. God. I'll remember that forever.

PS: Congratulations, Regan. Amazing. I never would have imagined. I mean, if Salah doesn't get the concussion, Origi doesn't start, and who knows how it all shakes out. Just a crazy, crazy game. I've never seen one like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted