1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Insane skill (and certainly not a small amount of luck) putting the ball in exactly where it needed to be, but the keeper has to do better.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The EPL race for top four and championship just got an order of magnitude more interesting.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That was a nearly perfect game by United. They made the league leaders look like they're going to get relegated.

4. Webster

That wasn't United's best, fastest or most skilled 11, but I think it was their hardest playing group.

5. Twirling Time

A healthy Rashford and his pace give Man U a wholly different and dangerous dimension. They were resting Zlatan for the Europa League home tie, which is more important because winning Europa League is their best hope at Champions League next season.

6. Webster

Rashford is the perfect example of someone making the most of his opportunity. He was maybe the 8th choice striker and seemed destined for a life of being loaned out. Then due to injuries and suspensions, ended up on the bench for a Europa League tie and then started and scored 2 when someone couldn't go at matchtime.

I really like him and Lindgard together. I thought that Martial was world class, but something has happened to him this year. I wonder what they do next year. If they keep Ibra and sign another striker, Rashford can't be happy.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

I've been following Brighton's progress the last four years, but didn't know the backstory. So close and yet so far every time. Glad to see them finally make the top flight.

9. Webster

The Fox sports app is the worst. It's been loading for the past 30 minutes -- I guess no Big Cup games for me today

10. Webster

Hell of a match between Real and Bayern. Some really iffy refereeing decisions but an open game with crazy skill.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The red card was a joke. Bayern packed up the tents after Ronaldo's first goal in OT.

12. Webster

For Vidal's second yellow, it looked to me that the ref thought that the Real player got the ball first. It was a reckless challenge, just one which was successful.

Draft saved Draft deleted