1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I think that's clever trolling on both ends. I mean, the pub guy could have looked it up on his phone, but that's amusing, and good on Borussia for having fun with it as well.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In a week where I'm not feeling very blindly patriotic, a hell of a match between the US and Mexico

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But that finish ... goodness.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

Natives getting restless on teh Twitterz after USMNT loss at Costa Rica.

7. Inky_Wretch

Fire him. Fire him now. Bring on Bruce Arena to salvage the hex.

8. HanSenSE

I mostly lurk here, not being schooled in the ways of EPL or MLS, plus I couldn't find the game in English on my provider, but, it's that bad?

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Years of stagnation - if not regression - so, yes.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It was pretty clear that Bradley was pissed about the tactics during the Mexico game and his comments after. And if we can all agree that Klinsi is not a tactical genius, then he has to get his team ready to play. So he failed on both accounts.

I think that Klinsi is an interesting thinker from 30,000 feet, but his teams rarely play at their best.

My guess is that he's gone, if only because of the time gap before the next Hex match.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Klinsmann is probably going to take the hit for it, and I'm not going to say he doesn't deserve it.

But these guys quit on the field, and only Jones had an excuse. They need to look in the mirror.

Draft saved Draft deleted