1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don’t understand how they can be so stupid about it. Raise the ticket prices on some luxury suites and have some shell companies buy them. Sell shirts which were never produced.

I also wonder what PSG’s situation is. They have a very similar setup in terms of shirt sponsorship with Emirates and I’m sure that is not kosher. Or as Ted Lasso said: “In my mind, you gotta have three things to be a Premier League team. 1) You gotta play physical. 2) you gotta give 100 percent until the final whistle and 3) you gotta be sponsored by a Middle-Eastern airline.”

2. Webster

Nice job for United acquiring the VAR officials during the recent EPL break.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, no shit. I can't believe Maguire wasn't sent off.

"I thought he was going to fall on me, so I was straightening my leg."

Yes, Harry. "Straightening your leg." In a kicking motion. Right into the opposing player's balls.

4. Webster

Even as a biased United fan, that was ridiculous. A silly and dumb play. I thought the first overturned call was correct, even through there was initial contact from Fred.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The easy answer is bye-bye Cincy, you compete in the MLS Championship next year. Which they would anyway if American sports had pro-rel.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Webster

That was like a Mad Libs of red flags.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He has issues and probably won't ever get an MLS coaching job. But he's not wrong about the USMNT.

11. Webster

Arena was logically the only choice as a stopgap. Based on this interview, it’s logical to think that Jones would have been loyal to Klinsi

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted