1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (IV)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 2, 2009.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Listened to the game on radio. Announcer mentioned the groundskeeper was from Blackpool. I thought that was cool.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Well, that was pretty damn cool. Frankly, I'm not used to seeing teams I root for win much of anything.

I was in Milan back in August when the Champions League trophy was on display in the square in front of the Duomo. Glad it's heading back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Congratulations Blackpool.
    Choke on the champagne Jose.

4. Shoeless Joe

The Sun is reporting that the douchebag said in the postgame that he is quitting Inter and taking the job at Real.

5. PCLoadLetter

C'mon, Joe. Don't hate, celebrate!

[​IMG]

And yeah, he's going to Real. Pisser. No hard feelings after pulling off the treble, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Shoeless Joe

Bloomfield Road seats (officially) 13,500. Blackpool is going to be hosting some of the biggest clubs in the world. Good for them. They aren't likely to stay up, but I bet the entire town is having a huge ass party.

7. Shoeless Joe

Now that he's leaving, I'll say congratulations Inter!

8. PCLoadLetter

I'm just hoping he doesn't lead an exodus. Maicon has already said he'd follow the Special One to Real if Jose wanted him. Screw that.

At least I expect Sneijder will stay put. He seems to be enjoying his time at Inter more than Real.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Likewise, John. Especially after Inter got the lead. You could see the trenches being dug, which prevented Robben from romping and frolicking like he had against everyone else.

But that second goal by Milito... geez. Has Van Boynten found his ACL yet?

10. John

John Well-Known Member

The thought in my head before Milito's first goal was that I hope Bayern scores first so that Inter wouldn't go into its defensive mode. Inter plays amazing defense, really amazing, but it doesn't exactly make for a fun game to watch.

And I made the mistake of watching the Champions League final before going out to cover a state sectional game this afternoon. I felt like I was watching people who'd never played before.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Both of Sir Stanley Matthews old clubs are now in the Prem. I'm sure the Wizard of the Dribble would be proud.

12. Shoeless Joe

Italian soccer 101

Draft saved Draft deleted