1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The smartest show on TV that still airs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

All in the Family and Honeymooners

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That made me laugh out loud.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Until Dick Whitman weighs in, this thread is full of nothing but shows that will rot your brain. ;)

4. NDub

NDub Guest

Define "smart." Do you mean the most real? If so, I'll go with Breaking Bad and the downward spiral of a human being from a high school chemistry teacher to a malevolent drug-making monster.

5. Agreed. It's the only show I watch with any consistency. Always delivers.

6. Mizzougrad96

I've never seen more than 20 minutes of The Good Wife. No desire to... I'm sure it's great.

South Park is a very smart show when it's done well, which lately has been less and less frequently.

I would put Breaking Bad on this list. 30 Rock is pretty smart. Parks and Rec.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I fucking love Mad Men

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Colbert Report has to be up there. I find it smarter and more subtle in its satire than the Daily Show.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you're not talking about dramas, then Through the Wormhole is the smartest show on TV.

Frontline is the smartest, news division.

10. Mizzougrad96

The Daily Show and the Colbert Report definitely would be high on this list.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

Huge fan of Freeman's show. I'm a nerd for those types of shows on NatGeo, Science, Discovery, etc., and this one is without question the best.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Cast is drop-dead great. Cumming's awesome as the Rahm knockoff.

Draft saved Draft deleted