1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sj.com 2009 charts: ANGOLA MADE IT!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jan 7, 2008.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

FB predicts I'll have a life outside of this board. Whew... :D

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm predicted to fall in '09, but I don't know that's as much me as it is the rest of you needing a life. I'm keeping my 4.5-plus-post-per-day rate.

3. Once the expanded version comes out on DVD, you're golden.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What's an airplay gainer? I probably won't post as much now that I don't have a chip on my shoulder (as the board collectively sighs in relief).

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm no. 100!!!

I'm a longtime Billboard reader too and seeing myself in that spot reminds me of those albums (or singles, I guess, in this case) that would come in at 95, move up to 88 the next week and be down to 100 or gone in week three. After that, it's hello where are they now? file....

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

My posts-per-day figure is deceiving because I've had an account since the first month of the board but was more of a lurker until the summer of 2006. I had more than 3,600 posts in 2007 (a little more than 10 posts per day), but my lurker past (sordid as it is) pulls me down to an average of about 2 per day.

But, hey, cracking the hot 100 should be a modest goal. :)

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I used to be within a few hundred posts of cracking the first page when it came to overall posts. Then I ran into a couple of charming individuals on this board who kinda took the fun out of posting.

And then I started my fall college classes.
    And then I started covering football again.
    And then I decided, why not?, and started dating again.
    And then I was kidnapped by aliens.

Look for me to run into some sort of barrier along about August or September. That'll be my dry spell.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Make that bet. The odds of me actually finding a life -- among other things -- aren't looking too strong. Top 10, Wicked, probably not. But I'll do my best to prove your prediction safe.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Speaking of safe predictions. ...

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

So you're saying you're a one-hit wonder? Say, Nada Surf?

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, he's Popular, all right.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Just wait until April rolls around and you start to defend the Yankees. You'll rattle off 100 posts a day just like old times.

Draft saved Draft deleted