1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Simpsons: Still funny, at least to me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Mar 12, 2009.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Haven’t seen The Simpsons in years, but I’m watching an episode now on surfthechannel. I’m amazed it’s still entertaining and relevant.

It’s a Mardi Gras episode and Homer has driven the family into foreclosure.

“You said I wouldn’t have to pay that loan back until the future It’s not the future. It’s the lousy stinkin’ now.

And Flanders, who becomes the Simpsons’ landlord, is depicted in a Detroit Lions shirt. Gotta love that.

Still funny after all these years. (Or maybe funny again, or still funny in spurts. But I’m enjoying it.)

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

to a lot of others too...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/67648/

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the switch to HD has given The Simpsons a second wind.
    They seem to be more current and edgier since the switch, and I'm starting to wonder if they are not getting to more of a South Park schedule instead of a get the whole season done then send them out schedule.
    But I may be insane in thinking that.

Draft saved Draft deleted