1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Simpsons Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Just got home from the midnight showing, and it was well worth the $7.25. I can't remember the last time I went to anything other than the dollar theater or the drive-in ($5 a carload). It was funny all the way through...laugh-out-loud funny. I now love me some Spider Pig.

2. Flip Wilson

One more thing: I'm pretty sure I was the oldest person in the theater. I dang sure didn't see any other minivans in the parking lot as I was leaving.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I thought the show has sucked for about the past 6 or 7 years and had no intention of seeing the movie, but might change my mind seeing the positive reviews.

4. Mr. & Mrs. Reilly reserved a babysitter weeks ago for tonight. We power-watched some of our favorite episodes over the last several days. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I can't remember ever being so excited to see a movie.

A friend saw a midnight showing last night and said he would eagerly pay to see it again.

For those who saw it last night - - what (if any) was the level of audience participation? Did everyone in the theater yell "Ha ha" with Nelson, or respond "Hi, Doctor Nick!" when he made an appearance?

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Another movie that I could do without seeing.....will watch it when it comes out on video.

I am going to see No Reservations tonight though.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good to see you have no taste... ;D

Seeing Simpsons tomorrow morning...

7. Flip Wilson

There wasn't any audience participation at the midnight showing I attended, just a bunch of people really, really laughing.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Got tix for a place in Philly tomorrow morning at 10.

I may not sleep tonight.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Just got back. Was not as full as I expected, but this college town is empty for the summer. It was hilarious.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You need to turn it down a notch, Iggy. Oh, and I think your mom's calling you.

11. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I totally yelled at Doctor Nick! What a fantastic movie...going to see it again on Sunday, methinks.

12. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

I wasn't able to see it yesterday. Headed to it now to watch it with my little brother for his birthday celebration.

Wish me laughs!

Draft saved Draft deleted