1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Simmons Site

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Apr 28, 2011.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

NOW you tell me.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Also, after reading that drivel, I have come to two conclusions:

a.) Daulerio needs all the editors he can hire, b/c he can't write for shit
    b.) he is truly the biggest piece of shit in America, and quite possibly the world, trying to napalm Craggs' job prospects at ESPN with this self-important shitstain of a story. Go to fucking hell, Daulerio, you piece of shit.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Outing alert: I'm a source close to the situation.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Somewhere in heaven, Grantland Rice weeps. From the afterlife, he should sue for defmation of career. Bill Simmons couldn't carry Grantland Rice's typewriter.
    I have not and never will get the fascination with Bill Simmons. He's the frat boys' favorite writer (assuming those frat boys are attending community colleges). His "Look at me, I'm not really a journalist" is a large steaming load of crap. Of the many bad things spawned by the Internet age, he ranks in the top 10.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I didn't see it as Daulerio trying to napalm Craggs' prospects at all (aside from ignoring warning about writing such a story, which obviously came before he wrote it). I doubt that story will have much of an effect on his upcoming interview. They'd be foolish not to hire one of best writers working today.

6. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Reading Simmons makes my eyes bleed, most of the time, but reading most of those writers he's hired is a joy.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Huh? Did you even read the story? How the fuck was Daulerio trying to napalm Craggs' job prospects at ESPN? It was as glowing a recommendation as you'll find on Deadspin.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Cobra Kai rode again. Indramatic lore they are known as famine, pestilence, destruction and death. These are only aliases. Their real names are: Johnny, Dutch, Bobby and Tommy. They formed the crest of the sweep the leg cyclone ...."

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Guess you didn't read all the way to this part:

I've also been told — by sources close to the situation who don't work for this site in any capacity — that writing about this silly Disney corporate horseshit prior to Tommy's play date with Walsh would further jeopardize his opportunity to become a full-time staffer at Grantland. For now, though, he still works at Deadspin and I still work at Deadspin and this is a story we'd cover had any other potential Grantland writer become entangled in such stupidity.

Still, Tommy Craggs has no comment at this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ugh.

I guarantee you Tommy Craggs has no problem with that story. But, you need another reason to hate someone, so there you go.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

eat cake/have it

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh for the love of shit give me a fucking break with the holier-than-thou/wounded duck act. I know it hurt your feelings that I was telling the truth about your piece of shit boy the entire time, but you're a big boy and I expected better from you.

Draft saved Draft deleted