1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The shocking adventures of Chef's Coed Softball Team......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I damn near killed a pitcher last year. Sent a screamer right at his head, but he ducked. Same guy almost got tore up down the third-base line on a liner by a guy who played Division I baseball.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I guarantee I'm better in the infield than the outfield, so I'd be doing my team a major disservice by playing out there. I was good as a kid, but it's been so long since I've had to track down a deep shot, I doubt I could do it. Every team needs someone who wants to play first or third, and I enjoy being that guy.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

OK, I'll give you that one.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh, I agree.
    I was just explaining why I would never voluntarily play the infield. I love the outfield. Plus, when I misjudge a fly ball, I am tall enough to reach up at the last second and make a horrendous looking catch.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

We need to have an annual sj softball game.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The fun of outfield is that cocky little bastard who thinks he's scoring from second on a single. I love gunning that sorry fool out at the plate.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

A couple years ago, this big dude -- more weight than muscles, but still a good balance -- launched a liner at my head while at third base. He wasn't finished with his backswing when the ball hit my glove. Everyone on his bench and in the field couldn't believe I caught it. I don't think it was skill at all; I just didn't have a choice in the matter.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It could be apart of the outing in Seattle.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Stupid plane tickets and/or gas bills.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I would love to do that in Seattle, but I'm guessing there won't be time.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It'll be raining anyway.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

If it's warm, that could be a lot of fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted