1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Shield -- Season 6 Premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GimpyScribe, Apr 4, 2007.

1. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Anyone else on here as addicted to this show as I am?
    I really enjoyed last night's season premiere. For me, the show is second only to "24" as far as intensity ... and the gap isn't that wide.
    On to my thoughts on the show ... beware of the ***SPOILERS*** down below.
    * God, I hate Kavanaugh. H.A.T.E. I can't believe he's planting evidence now. Actually, I can. I guess if the S.O.B. I was investigating banged my lunatic wife and then bragged to me about it, I'd go off the deep end, too. But jesus. I just wanna see Vic eviscerate him.

* Really like the fact that Claudette and Dutch didn't just run blindly toward Kavanaugh's story and they kind of believe Vic over him. It'd be too easy to have those two gang up against Vic and the crew. Now that she's in a position of power, and since she's always been a 'by the book' officer, I'm glad she's being consistent and trying to be fair minded.

* I can't wait until someone finds out about Aceveda's little secret and uses it against him. He's such a slimeball.

* I thought it was interesting to see Julien out at Lem's grave by himself. I wonder if it's just because he's so religious or if they're planning on doing something with that storyline (not sure what, just thought it was an interesting throw-in scene).

* The murder scene that Dutch discovers near the end of the show was absolutely gruesome. I guess that's gonna be the subplot for most of the season.

Anyone else have other thoughts on the show?

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Much like yourself, I love this show. I actually think it is better than 24. It just has better appeal to me.

Kavanaugh planting evidence was interesting. Also, I didn't think that was Julien at the grave, I thought it was Kavanaugh.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Crap I missed it! I'm going to have to find out when it's on again. I love this show, been watchng since the first episode. I figure Kavanaugh will have to get killed by Vick eventually.

4. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

They're re-airing it Friday at 8 p.m. Eastern

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I thought it was Kavanaugh as well and it made me wonder if the track suit he had on was the style as the one he wore in Fast Times.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Thanks Gimpy, the Tivo will be set.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It was Kavanaugh out at the grave site.

Kavanaugh is going to burn himself by the end of the season as he has made it personal, he doesn't like to think he's been outsmarted. Last season he wouldn't bend the own rules for his wife. Now he's breaking all the rules by supporting perjury and planting evidence. What's he going to do next?

That was one hell of a gruesome murder scene Dutch discovered at the end of the episode.

How much longer will Shane stay sane? He's showing signs of cracking now.

I agree with Pastor that this show is better than 24.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm so pissed. I turned on the tv last night while finishing shit on the desk, only to find The Shield on. I forgot to set my TiVo. damnit.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The Shield is up there in Sopranosland in terms of quality.

I love 24 but (and because) it's utterly preposterous.

And I hope we can get the new season up here now because FX doesn't broadcast her.

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

You're right that The Shield is the second-best show out there, but 24 isn't in the neighborhood. All bow down to The Wire.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

DAMNIT!! Can't believe I forgot about this. I know it will be on again. PLEASE BE ON AGAIN THE NEXT TIME I TURN ON THE TV!!

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Remember when setting the TiVo/VCR for Friday night that the season premier was a 70-minute episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted