1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The security situation is improving ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Aug 31, 2007.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

nothing to see here.

U.S. lawmakers' plane fired upon while leaving Iraq:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/31/iraq.main/index.html

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The surge was facing the wrong way at the time. Thus the plane wasn't fired on from the other direction.

3. You think these guys will come back and say, "The situation isn't that bad in Iraq. You all never report on all the planes that aren't fired upon."

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Holy shit! I didn't hear about this. Putting aside the war debate or political aspects for a moment, what would have been the response had their plane been shot down?

Thank God they weren't hurt. Wish I could say the same about the soldiers there in the zone.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

We would have invaded Venezuela.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Top notch.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Well played. But seriously...how would America have responded? Would it have intensified the "bring-them-home" attitude or would it have swayed opinions that these guys are thugs who need their asses kicked?

8. Which thugs?
    Our thugs or their thugs?
    Do we even know WHO shot at this plane?
    Or will we just go out and blow up a whole lot of somebodies because we're pissed, because that's how we ended up in the clusterfuck in the first place.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well, I see no reason not to just go blow up a bunch of somebodies. It has worked well for us in the past.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think it would have inflamed both sides; those who say "We need to kill them bastards" and those who say " This wouldn't have happened if we had got out when this became an unwinnable conflict."

Draft saved Draft deleted