1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The SEC's late show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HejiraHenry, May 21, 2009.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Alabama-S.C. going to the 11th at 1:20 a.m.

Anybody there?

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm not, but I remember the days covering three games a day in depth the first couple days of the tourney. And, believe it or not, I actually miss it.

3. times38

times38 Member

I'm sitting in the office, waiting on an AP writethru (that now that I think of it may not even come) to put on the web.

4. times38

times38 Member

I swear though, last year the last game of the night didn't start until like 10 p.m. they're going to need to make these games 7 innings or something.

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

What are the start times? If noon, 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. isn't workable, move the first game up a couple of hours and take it from there.

6. times38

times38 Member

game times are (scheduled) 10 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 5 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. CDT.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

can they not split the first four games over two days?

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

They need to cut the conference tournament to six teams. Four games a day are just too many. One long game, or one delay, and the whole schedule is f'd.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

You don't need to tell that to anyone who has been to the Division III World Series in Appleton, especially since Memorial Day weekends are notorious for bad weather every couple years. Love those games that end at 2 a.m. local time.

Looks like they'll get rain on Saturday and for Tuesday's championship this year.

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Might actually start raining in Hoovah later today -- making those never-ending elimination games, well, even more tedious.

I hoist a Dr Pepper to all my comrades there!

RB

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You're assuming Tuesday's championship game will still be played on Tuesday.

Whenever it's played, I hope my alma mater is in it.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Even with all the shitty weather over the years, it's still been played on Tuesday.

Draft saved Draft deleted