1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sarah Silverman Show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jan 30, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm saving the above post. It's the first time, I think, Alma has ever used my name. And in front of a compliment.

Oh, the vapors!

2. JackS

JackS Member

Ditto.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I get Silverman, or at least I get what she's trying to do.

Dane Cook, not so much.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I thought that was pretty damn funny -- not so much for the material, but the delivery. The innocent little girl voice ("he said it was a bed ... for little kids!") was dead-on.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I'm definitely looking forward to the show.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

that's where I am with her.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Me too. From what I was able to watch of his HBO special, he seems to spend his time being incorrigably adorable. Hey, try funny.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yahtzee

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yeah... i come and go with her, although i find her extremely hot

she had one of my all-time favorite jokes on the larry sanders show, where she played, well, a stand-up... but it was great, and it's all in the delivery, but it was something like, 'why does ron jeremy masturbate with his pinkie out? 'cause he's classy.' still cracks me up

oh, and dane cook is one of the least funny men in america

10. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Silverman has some funny material, but she's the definition of a one-trick pony and the novelty wears off REAL fast.

As for Cook, a friend of mine thought Cook's 'Tourgasm' was the greatest thing since thick-crust pizza, so I watched it a few times. Seemed his shtick consisted of surrounding himself with unfunny people so that he would look like a comedy genius by comparison.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Thought tourgasm was a giant waste of two hours.

Silverman is great for a roast, but I think this show will die a long, painful, gruesome death like.........oh, wrong thread.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Silverman's a riot. 'Jesus is Magic' was hysterical.
    Haven't seen the new show.

Draft saved Draft deleted